Thursday 10 January 2013

Christmas!

Although this Christmas was a little different for us, with so much running around, living out of suitcases/boxes and the emotions and plans surrounding Eric's grandma's passing, we still made time for a little Christmas magic.

Way too much food, cuddles with my man and a kicking baby in front of the fire, the cutest baby gifts and oh, way too many Christmas cookies....this year's Christmas was a special one, our last before baby steals all the thunder.

I got the most amazing gift from Daddy-to-be...



Petunia Pickle Bottom "Boxy Backpack" Diaper Bag


Can't wait to bust this out for summer outings with baby! I had a feeling I was getting one of these for Christmas, but the style and pattern were surprises, and I love it! In real life, it's more green than yellow, which it looks like in the photo (and on the website) and I looove the backpack straps!

These spring onesies were also from Daddy:



Oh, and I got the most thoughtful gift of all on Christmas morning: SICK.

Just when I thought I'd escaped it, this horrible cold that was going around, BOOM. Christmas Day, sore throat. And so began the increasingly worse sickness, to the point where it totally knocked me out for a full two days. Thank goodness this happened on our two free days, just after the funeral and before New Years. Let me say this...I'm all for everyone who tries to go natural, with homeopathic remedies, etc. etc. But not being able to take a decongestant for a head cold was AWFUL. I felt like my head was going to explode for about a week. Terrible.

At least we got a few good pics in the days leading up to my "flat on my back, can't get out of bed" sick days.







No comments: