Wednesday 30 January 2013

Week 30!

Good heavens above....WEEK 30. It's really sinking in now!

I've had so many things I wanted to do throughout this pregnancy to document every little detail. So far, I've barely been able to throw some chalk on the chalkboard each week. I hereby vow to make it a priority to soak up every moment of these next 10 weeks, and document the little things. I've seen this list on a bunch of other baby blogs, so figured this was a good place to start!




How far along: 30 weeks
Total weight gain: since we don't have a scale at home, I really can't say! The last time I weighed myself at the midwife clinic, I was up about 15 lbs from where I started. I also weighed myself again on the way out and had lost 3 lbs in the previous 20 minutes, so I don't think my body cooperates very well with scales...
Maternity clothes: still able to squeeze into some of my regular clothes, and when you're at home most of the time, anything goes! Maternity jeans are the bomb, I will never wear regular jeans again. And I'm thinking it's time to add a few more maternity tops to the rotation since some of my "I could wear this while pregnant" tops are failing miserably.
Stretch marks: thank heavens, none so far! Bio oil is working!
Sleep: nooo problem! Still wake up for a few bathroom breaks, but other than some weird, not even pregnancy-related dreams and needing to shift positions, I get a great sleep most nights!
Best moment this week: seeing family on the weekend at my cousin's brand new house, Eric finally being around with his hand on my belly for one of baby's big spazzy kicking sprees and hearing my wonderful man and Daddy-to-be tell me how fun this pregnancy has been while on our way down to the pool for a swim :)
Miss anything? let's just say the annual Icewine festival was NOT as festive as DD with a water bottle. Dreaming of summer sangria already... I would say lying on my stomach as well, but I had a FANTASTIC massage this week with the miracle belly hole pillow so I could lie face down!
Movement: big stretches that I can feel all the way across my belly, lots of kicks way over on the right side, lots of dancing to music, and even started kicking when we were all together on the weekend getting ready to play a game with all the family. Baby could hear the excitement and wanted to join! And lots of hiccups!
Food cravings: can't say I've had any hardcore CRAVINGS, but sweet seems to be taking priority over salty, whether it be lots of fruit or Nutella straight from the jar...
Anything make you queasy or sick: the smell of hard alcohol (no martinis for me!), sometimes meat turns me off but nothing has made me actually feel sick, thank goodness!
Gender: how many days until April before we can find out!?!
Labour signs: good heavens above, NO! 
Symptoms: TAILBONE PAIN! Gotta get my tush up and about more and try not to sit for too long because that tiny little tailbone is SORE. Starting to notice a bit more discomfort in my lower back and hips but feel WAY better after my massage today
Belly button in or out: still an innie, but it's getting dangerously shallow...
Wedding rings on or off: on
Happy or moody: if moody, it usually doesn't last long...mostly very happy!
Looking forward to: February! Valentine's Day, my birthday, Hypnobirthing class



No comments: