Sunday 2 December 2012

Food for the Belly: Dinner Fail


Well. I almost didn't post this, as it looks about as appetizing as it tasted, but hey, why not. I had been thinking about this recipe since I saw it on (where else?) Pinterest a while ago. Roasted red pepper and goat cheese pasta. Well, hello! Yes please! I actually went to quite a bit of trouble for this one, including extra treks to the grocery store for specialty ingredients such as fresh pasta, goat cheese, parmesan and cream. It wasn't that horrible, but considering the effort and special ingredients...just wasn't worth it.

I think part of the problem may have been that I had zero fresh herbs to add flavour (even though they weren't specifically called for in the recipe), and that the herb and garlic goat cheese I used didn't seem to have a ton of flavour either, so the tangy goat cheese taste I was expecting didn't come through. The roasted red peppers turned out well, though next time I would do 3 instead of just two. All in all, just good pasta covered in creamy, but flavourless sauce. Bleh.



No comments: