Sunday 2 December 2012

Food for the Belly: Bistro Dinner


Instead of cookbooks, or website, or dare I say it, even Pinterest.... I think I'm going to start referencing restaurant menus for meal inspiration. You know how you can go to a restaurant and see about a billion things on the menu that you want? Yes, that's me. Which is why, if I EVER had a restaurant, it would consist of sampler platters galore, and a mix and match menu so you can try a little bit of everything. I know that sounds like tapas, or a buffet, but let's face it...tapas are usually expensive and buffets? Well, if anyone has found a gourmet buffet where they've raved about the food, you can let me know.

So, after our burger night at Black Betty's, I was thinking how amazing all the soups, salads and sandwiches sounded, and that we needed our own bistro night. So bistro night we did have! I made beef barley soup from this Pinterest recipe, which turned out a bit thick, but good, and chicken club sandwiches with pesto chicken, bacon, avocado, tomato and greens on focaccia.



Our soup and sammy bistro dinner! And a quick FYI on the fact that each nicely plated dinner goes to my man, hence the accompanying glass of wine. My plate sometimes looks like a disaster. I'm usually so starving by the time I've finished cooking that I shove Eric's plate at him to take a photo, slosh my food onto my plate in whatever way, shape or form is fastest, and get to the table so this baby and I can EAT!

No comments: