Wednesday 28 November 2012

Craving Cavings


So far, I haven't really experienced what I would call a true pregnancy "craving". Sure, there have been times when I've come across a mouth-watering restaurant menu or recipe on Pintrest and thought, "I want to have that NOW", or be itching for a bit of post-dinner chocolate, or just simply "feel like" something specific for dinner. But rarely have I caved to a big treat. This did happen once, which was not documented with a photo. And it was bad. Because it was chips and dip. Now, I'm a sweet tooth through and through. Chips, I can usually take it or leave it. Not a huge salt person, and as I try to be healthy as much as possible, we never have chips in the house, aside from the occasional bag of Tostitos for nachos. But I saw someone blog about chips and dip and I couldn't stop thinking about it for THREE DAYS. So, finally one day, after a particularly long day of running errands...I caved. And bought a personal sized bag of sour cream and onion chips, came home, dipped them in the tzatziki we had for Greek pitas, and polished them off. Was it worth it? Probably not. But dang did it taste GOOD.

Anyways, there's this burger place, Black Betty's. Which we pass almost every time we go downtown. And the menu looked AMAZING. And they have live jazz, cheap wine and $3 sliders on Wednesdays. I've been dying to get there on a Wednesday since September. So finally, we went! The slider deal was over, but we were looking for a real dinner anyway. I got their signature burger, and Eric got the lamb burger, which I must say, was better than mine. Herbed ricotta and cranberry mint yogurt? Please. I think we'll definitely be back to try one of their amazing sounding grilled cheeses. Mmmm.


No comments: