Sunday 4 November 2012

First Flutters?


Ever since I found out I was pregnant, one of the things I've been most excited about is starting to feel baby move. Especially after seeing little pea wiggling around at our 12 week ultrasound, I've been waiting to feel those little hands and feet. I've heard it feels like tiny flutters. I've heard it feels like a faint tickle from the inside. I've heard it feels like gas.

So, for the past week and a half or so, I've been wondering what's going on in there. At first, I think it was gas (TMI?). I think that was more growing pains and uterus stretching. But more recently, I've felt something different. Sort of feels like all of a sudden I'll feel things tighten and my belly feels really hard. After a few seconds, it goes away. Is pea rolling around in there? Sometimes I think I might feel a more distinct poke or push that could be a hand or foot, but it's hard to tell! Since I'm still not that big (and wasn't tiny to begin with), I'm not 100% convinced that these are real baby movements or just weird things going on with my insides shifting and making way for my growing utie. Baby is the size of a sweet potato as of today so everything best be making room for each other in there. Some days I feel like my belly is definitely bigger, some days I barely feel pregnant, just slightly more "round" than usual. Even through my weekly pictures, some look way bigger than others!

Anyways. I usually feel pea's "movement" more in the evening, or at least later in the day, so I'm wondering what we'll see at the ultrasound on Friday. Hopefully not too sleepy, we want to see a wave or two! But keep your legs closed pea, we want to be surprised! A girl from my yoga class said she wanted to find out at her 18 week ultrasound, but baby didn't cooperate position wise, so they weren't able to tell! I'm hoping we don't see anything we don't want to see or have any risk of finding out. And as such, I will keep on Pinning neutral nurseries and the cutest grey striped onesie that I want to be pea's first outfit :)

Organics from Baby Gap


See you soon little sweet potato!


No comments: