Thursday 1 November 2012

One Knit Forward, Two Steps Back


It's not going very well.

Part of it is my extreme lack of patience and the fact that it baffles me to not be able to pick up a pair of knitting needles and BOOM, knit like a champion.

Which is why my "knitting" still looks like this. This is Step One: Casting On. I have attempted to knit a few stitches, and always end up taking them out because it looks like a disaster. That's not just the perfectionism talking, I mean it's a mess.


So, do I keep at it, or just take it home at Christmas and have someone who has a clue what they're doing help me? We'll see. Maybe I'll attempt some more youtube videos first.

In other news, my body is a disaster from the gym earlier this week. So sore! I was scared of yoga yesterday, but luckily the theme of the class was "Nurturing" so it was a very gentle class with lots of stretching. Normally, I'd feel a bit shortchanged, but it was much needed! I hope I can get in on another session before we leave. 

Oh, PS. Ask yourself if this isn't the saddest thing in the entire world. Last night was Halloween. Add one pregnant woman. And ask yourself if it isn't a tragedy that we had NOT ONE MORSEL OF CHOCOLATE IN THE HOUSE. Like not even one chocolate chip. No mini chocolate bars, NOTHING. When I realized this, it actually made me quite sad. Which is why my "getting out" for the day may include looking for half price Halloween candy... 

No comments: