Tuesday 2 October 2012

Riverfront

Well, here we are. The three of us have officially, temporarily, relocated to sunny, chilly Calgary for the fall. It was a whirlwind few weeks ahead of our move as we wrapped up work, packed our place and moved things out for subletting, had a week in limbo staying with friends and family, all leading up to a big family wedding on the weekend. Needless to say, once Sunday rolled around, I was a bit of a mess. Baby had graduated to a prune that day (10 weeks!), and apparently prunes make me uncontrollably emotional. Combined with lack of sleep, emotions running high from the wedding and saying goodbye to my extended family, I was a wreck. It was just one of those days where if you break the seal, you just can't stop. I cried morning, afternoon, evening, sometimes from something that set me off, sometimes for no reason at all. Exhausting. Thankfully I was able to hold it together for our 5am wake up call and early flight Monday morning.

We arrived at our new "home" to find a wonderful view, spacious layout and...a ginormous, heavenly king sized bed. So, juuust about the time that I start to get a decent belly...we'll head home to our double bed. Hm.




Now it's onto finding midwives and getting bloodwork done ahead of my 12 week prenatal screen and ultrasound. The screening here seems to be slightly different than the two options in Ontario, but as long as I get a live feed to what the little pea is doing in there, I'm happy.
 

No comments: