Thursday 11 October 2012

Thanksgiving Belly


A mere 3 days after getting back from our Jasper weekend, we hopped on a late night flight to Vancouver. I have missed that place with a passion. I LOVE Vancouver, especially North Vancouver where my family lives. I spent a few summers in North Van during university and they were THE BEST. Not to mention (*knock on wood*) that every time I'm in Vancouver, the weather is fantastic.

This visit was no exception. The day we left Calgary was our worst weather so far. It was also my first class of prenatal yoga, which was great! The walk there, getting lost, being late, while it was SNOWING, was just okay.

So, a quick recap of Thanksgiving weekend. Wait, what? Not some typical novel-sized post about each and every thing we did? That's right, surprise! I'm being concise blogger today :)

Transit to the airport was a slight disaster, but we made it on time and our flight went by in no time. It was LATE when we got to my uncle and aunt's, but we were excited to see their newly renovated house. More like, hello Style at Home magazine! What a house!

Thursday was a day in the life of a mom of two. School dropoffs and pickups, errands to run, hockey practice, soccer, dinner somewhere in between. Crazy! We actually skipped some of the evening crazy due to free Carrie Underwood tickets! Now, someone around here has a little bit of a crush on Carrie. Something to do with her legs, so I think the 5 costume changes were much appreciated. We had some amazing Mexican food before the concert, probably the best burrito I've ever had...delish!




Friday, we took the plunge...and went to the fancy pants baby boutique, Jack and Lola. Very similar to Ella + Elliot in our neighbourhood in Toronto. Though they do carry a lot of higher end products, there are still tons of basics that I'm sure are standard prices. I'll save the rest of the details of our shopping trip for a separate post. We had a jaunt to the park with the boys on their bikes. Who knew a 3 year old could whip down a sidewalk that fast on a bike with no pedals! Apparently these bikes are crazy expensive, but we'll see if this one can be saved for us for later :) 





On Saturday, the boys, which included my seven year old cousin, did the Grouse Grind up Grouse Mountain. Given my recent Jasper experience, I declined the Grind and took the gondola up. Grouse is always a good time. We spent Saturday evening starting a bunch of Thanksgiving prep and I crafted my first apple pie (sans homemade crust).

The Grinders!

Sunday morning we actually went back to Jack and Lola with my aunt for some more information overload. Afterwards, I realized just how NOT FUN maternity clothes shopping will be. On the other hand, I've come up with my strategy for getting free lululemon for life: initiate their kids line, lululime! We'll see. The rest of the day was Thanksgiving prep and family photo time. These photos were amazing. Why I'm I telling you this? Stay tuned... Dinner was AWESOME. I think holiday dinners are a pregnant belly's dream. That belly was in full force after the meal. Plus, you don't have to feel guilty about trying both kinds of pie...you just have to be okay with feeling like you will physically burst after eating too much.

So, where are all the photos of our fantastic, festive dinner and these amazing family photos I speak of? Here's a few lovely words every photographer wants to hear: CORRUPT MEMORY CARD.

How this happened, we have NO idea. Never happened before, and better not ever happen again! We've left our memory card in Vancouver to hopefully have some luck at camera places for recovery. Fingers and toes crossed...it'll be so sad to lose those photos!


No comments: