Wednesday 24 October 2012

The most daunting task of all...




My mom apparently thinks that my maternal instincts will transfer to my fingers and create this adorable hat out of two wooden chopsticks and a ball of string.

Ok, I've tried to knit before. I've knit a little row here and there, under close supervision from someone who knows what they're doing. Now here I am, alone, just me and my knitting sticks, attempting a masterpiece. The problem is, I know I'll try it. And I know I'll mess up and get super frustrated and likely throw whatever mess I've made across the room. Luckily that fireplace isn't real fire...

So I'll give it a go. Apparently instructions are on the back of the label so we'll see. Don't hold your breath on those pom poms though...unless that's the easiest part, in which case, expect a lot of hatless pom poms.

HOLD ON.

ARE. YOU. SERIOUS.

So, I got too curious and before even finishing typing, I opened the label to read my "instructions":


Oh, I'm sorry, you also don't understand KNITTISH? I seriously might as well brush up on my Francais because that's about as much sense this is making. I'll see you soon, Google and Pinterest, and you'd better have some super basic how-to's including videos featuring nice Grannies who won't talk back when you yell at them for making your knitting not work.

Sigh... Off to youtube...

No comments: